Bring your events to life!
Read the info below and submit an application today!
It’s time to start planning!
After incredible success in 2022, the Barrhaven BIA event grants are back! We provide the funds and support to make your event a huge success. Showcase your business along with your neighbours while bringing the community together. There is a large demand for events in this community and the response last year was outstanding. We look forward to seeing what you come up with for 2023!
The Barrhaven BIA would like to support you with your upcoming events in 3 ways:
- Financial support in the form of a grant.
- Marketing and promotional support.
- Guidance and direction to help you get your event off the ground.
Our Event Grant Program will be open for submissions until October 31st, 2023. All events must take place before December 31st, 2023. Grants will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. If you are planning an event for later in the year, please do not wait to submit your application.
1) FINANCIAL SUPPORT
The total budget for grants is $30,000. Each applicant is eligible to receive up to a maximum of $3000 for regular event or $4000 for an event on (or around) a holiday. Receipts must be submitted to collect your allocated grant for your project by December 31st, 2023.
Please be aware that our budget is limited and that once the money has been allocated, it is gone. Make sure to get your proposals in early.
There is a very large demand for family events that have holiday themes. Keeping this in mind, we are offering an additional $1000 for events that are on or around the following holidays. Please keep in mind that we will only be offering one bonus for each holiday so please get your applications in early. These bonuses will be awarded on a first come, first served basis – we will also not be able to fund an event for each holiday.
Possible Holidays for Grant (if your holiday does not appear on the list, please reach out to discuss):
- Mother’s Day
- Father’s Day
2) MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT
The Barrhaven BIA will promote and market your events through our website and social media channels. We will also work with you to provide guidance on the marketing and promotional aspects of your projects.
The Barrhaven BIA will set up a Facebook event for you to ensure that you are able to take advantage of our large reach within the community. This Facebook event will be co-hosted by the BIA and all participating businesses.
The Barrhaven BIA will run 1 (one) social media ad campaign for your event. These campaigns will reach tens of thousands of people in our community and help ensure the success of your event.
There is a lot that goes into planning an event and it can be difficult to know where to start. For everything from permits to equipment rentals, we can help guide you through it.
- Consider all sponsorship requests in an open and unbiased manner & measure the request against an assessment criteria;
- Only consider sponsorship agreements with groups of businesses whose products, policies, and values align with the mandated objectives and values of the BBIA (advocacy/communication, community safety, economic development, and marketing).
We will not:
- Financially support individuals, teams, or clubs or for-profit events;
- Provide sponsorship for religious/political organizations;
- Enter into sponsorships which may be construed as showing or encouraging any type of prejudice (for example racial, sexual, or religious);
- Imply any exclusive arrangement between the BBIA and the sponsored party.
- Fund the purchase of alcohol or cannabis.
- Pay for staffing costs accrued by the business in organizing or running the event.
- Events must be run by a group of Barrhaven BIA businesses, ideally within the same mall or business district. While there may be a leader, the participating businesses must play an active role in the organization and execution of the event (they cannot just be suppliers). Work with your neighbours and other local businesses.
- Events must take place in a Barrhaven business district.
- Member businesses must provide products and services at cost. This is not an opportunity to make money off the event. The gain is promotional benefits.
- This program is open to member businesses or groups of member businesses for the development and execution of an event.
- Community groups and for-profit events are not eligible to apply but may work with member businesses as partners on events.
- Event grant proposals must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the proposed event (ideally more).
- Only events held on weekends or holidays will be considered.
Application for BBIA Sponsorship:
To apply for this grant, please complete the Google Form. Here are the questions that will be asked.
- Project/Event Name
- Location of Event
- Participating Businesses
- Lead Contact name
- Property Owner/Manager
- Event date
- Event Scope
- Project Priority
- Increase traffic to your area
- Increase visitor spending
- Promotion and branding
- Project Summary & Description
- Project Objectives
- Funding request – indicate the amount of the sponsorship request
- Other funding – indicate the other sources of funding, including a list of other sponsors
While we encourage everyone to be creative, here are some ideas of the types of events that we might be looking for. Please remember, in order to be considered, an event must be shown to be beneficial to more than just one business or the greater Barrhaven business community.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Family events with a holiday focus.
- Outdoor market featuring multiple vendors (vendors must be Barrhaven BIA members).
- Fair/Fun Day in the Parking Lot. Come together with your neighbours to offer food, entertainment, and activities.
- The creation of an Instagram worthy “destination”. Active social influencers travel around the city to take photos in amazing spaces. Create something for your mall. This would likely be incorporated as a component to another event.
- An “enhanced shopping experience” event.
- A celebratory party or event (please note that the celebration MUST be for more than one business).
- A food showcase or festival.
- A sporting event (please ensure that the businesses remain the focus).
- Events for children/families or pets are always successful.
- Be creative! You are not limited to the ideas listed above.
- Many of the ideas listed above could be combined or used together.
- Work with your neighbours or other businesses in Barrhaven – come together to create something amazing!
- Looking for other businesses to work with? Let us know – we can help you connect!