- Barrhaven – Riverside South Rapid Transit Planning and Environmental Assessment – The City of Ottawa has initiated a Planning and Environmental Assessment (EA) Study to define a bus rapid transit corridor from Greenbank Road (Barrhaven) to Leitrim Road (Riverside South).
- What’s happening in Barrhaven – This is a link to a brief overview of what transportation projects are occurring in Barrhaven in accordance with the Official Plan, Transportation Master Plan, and Infrastructure Master Plan.
- City of Ottawa Transportation Master Plan – The 2013 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) builds on the work of previous plans carried out in 2003 and 2008. It is the City’s blueprint for planning, developing and operating its walking, cycling, transit and road networks over the next two decades.
- O-Train (LRT)
- Current Road Construction– Through this search tool you can access information on current road closures and detours due to construction and/or special events. Dates and times provided below may change due to weather conditions and other factors affecting construction. Although this list is intended to be comprehensive, unavoidable emergency closures and minor closures are not listed.
- Councillor Harder’s bi-weekly e-blast includes a construction update section that talks about work being done on roadways in Barrhaven. Sign up for the Traffic Bulletin here.
- Woodroffe Avenue, Southwest Transitway and Fallowfield Road Rail Grade Separation Environmental Assessment Study – In June 2017, the Transportation Committee and Council received the Barrhaven and Merivale Road Rail Grade Separation Study which had been undertaken in response to one of the recommendations of the Transportation Safety Board’s report on the 2013 rail and bus collision in Barrhaven. The Board had recommended that the City reconsider the need for rail grade separation at Woodroffe Avenue, the Southwest Transitway and Fallowfield Road. The City agreed, and in partnership with VIA Rail, undertook the study which additionally included review of the at-grade crossing locations at Merivale Road and Jockvale Road.